Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Grandnephews


Time flies so fast! It seems like it was just yesterday when they were pre-schoolers; today, they’re both degree holders and already entirely two different individuals. They each have their own personality, interests and pleasurable pastimes; aside from that, they have their own circle of friends to hangout with.

As they begin to develop a sense of being independent, some things change, others remain the same. We do have bonding moments although not as often as compared to old times--when they had been very dependent on me. And so far, we didn't forget to celebrate each one’s birthday, Valentine's Day and such other occasions all together.

I have lots of wondrous happy memories with these two boys--now, grown-up men, notably when they were still kids. In fact, if it weren't for them, I would probably had not recovered so soon from a heartbreaking separation with the man whom I thought would be my partner for life. From there on, I have completely devoted myself to look after them; and later, in absence of their parents I act as their guardian.

I’ve considered them as my own flesh and blood; they have been so well-taken care of, well-loved and well-guided. On top of that, I have given them everything I had selflessly and I never turned my back on them, not even in those times when we had serious problems with money--all the more reason I have to stay. And I promised to myself that no matter what happens I will always be on their side as long as they need me.

I'm truly thankful to the Lord, despite our ups and downs have stayed together and managed to surpass all tribulations and obstacles that come our way. They were completely aware of what we’d been through before they reached this point of their lives. And it had been a no joke situation--I couldn't imagine myself going through the same thing all over again.

I know that sooner or later, they would lead their own separate lives; all I ever wished for them were to have a brighter future and be somebody--be the best in their chosen field. Good luck to the both of you! You both are my pride and joy; I am so proud of all your achievements!









No comments:

Post a Comment